Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “Management Sciences for Health” “MSH,” “we,” “our,” and “us” these terms refer to Management Sciences for Health, a Massachusetts non-profit corporation with tax-exempt status pursuant to Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)(3). You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” - these terms refer to visitors to and users of our MSH Platform or any of the content contained therein.
COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSIONS
In general, content on the MSH Platform is protected by the copyright laws of the United States of America.
What you may do without permission:Without asking our permission, you are welcome to print pages from this website and to download the files that are specifically offered in downloadable format (usually, PDF, Word, or PowerPoint). You may also use, without prior permission, text from posted press releases. You may also link to this website and its contents without permission; kindly let us know if you have done so.
What you must request permission to do:If you want to reproduce, publish, or incorporate other text or images from this website into other websites, publications, or other materials that you or others produce, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.
For all materials and information used from our MSH Platform, we ask that you credit original sources as given. If no other specific source or authorship information is shown, please credit the appropriate website.
It is the user’s responsibility to be aware of current copyright law and applications. The user agrees to indemnify Management Sciences for Health from any costs or claims for infringement of copyright in relation to copies of images or text from our MSH Platform.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) NOTICE
MSH is committed to complying with copyright and related laws, and requires all users of the MSH Platform to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content or use or disseminate any material or content though the MSH Platform in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of MSH to terminate use privileges of any user who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to MSH by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted using the MSH Platform in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact email@example.com.
LINKING TO THE MANAGEMENT SCIENCES FOR HEALTH SITE AND USE OF CONTENT
- Use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Management Sciences for Health endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with your products, goods, services, or your website.
- Your use of the name and logo or links bearing the name and logo may not indicate or create an impression that Management Sciences for Health will benefit from the sale of any of your goods or services.
- Links bearing the name and logo may only be used for the purpose of linking to our Site as designated within the link.
- The links bearing the name and logo will always be active links.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors, or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product, or service website name.
- You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise exploit the name and logo or your link to us.
- The Management Sciences for Health name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear on any pages of any website that include content or advertising for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, pornography, partisan material, political material, or firearms.
- Appropriate action by Management Sciences for Health may include, but is not limited to, the revocation of the right to use the name and logo and/or any links bearing the name and logo, in which event you agree to remove the name and logo and/or the links bearing the name and logo promptly, but in no event later than two business days of notice of revocation.
It is improper, and may be a violation of law, for you to post or download and distribute any material that you do not own or for which you do not have permission to use. PLEASE BE AWARE: violation of someone’s copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
INAPPROPRIATE USE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES FOR HEALTH CONTENT
It is inappropriate to use the MSH Platform or Content for illegal, inappropriate, or obscene purposes, or in support of such activities. We define these terms as follows:
"Illegal activities" are those that violate laws, regulations and/or private agreements, including federal or state laws governing charitable activities, copyright laws, trademark laws, license agreements or other intellectual property rights.
“Obscene activities” are those that violate generally accepted social standards for use of this type of material or technology.
Listed below are some, but not all, prohibited activities that may result in action by Management Sciences for Health:
- Posting, transmitting, or facilitating in the promotion of illegal content through the MSH Platform or Content.
- Using our MSH Platform or our Content to harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another visitor or third party that is unwanted.
- Transmitting or facilitating distribution of content that is untrue, threatening, harassing, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, defamatory, or objectionable.
For site security purposes and to ensure that the MSH Platform remains available to all users, some elements of the MSH Platform may employ software programs to monitor network traffic and identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on the MSH Platform service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The MSH Platform may include links to websites of other organizations which, we believe, may offer relevant information. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the disclaimers and security and privacy policies of the new site.
DISCLAIMER OF ENDORSEMENT
The documents posted on the MSH Platform may contain hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These links and pointers are provided for visitors’ convenience. We do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any linked information. Further, the inclusion of links or pointers to other websites is not intended to endorse, recommend, or favor any views expressed, or commercial products or services offered on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites, by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise.
Reference on the MSH Platform to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the site’s visitors, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by MSH. The views and opinions of authors expressed on the MSH Platform do not necessarily state or reflect those of the MSH.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL MSH OR ITS DONORS/SUPPLIERS/LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE), WHICH INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA AND BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF MSH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
MSH makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of the MSH Platform and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in any of the contents of the MSH Platform.
With respect to the content of the MSH Platform, MSH makes no warranty, expressed or implied or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third-party rights, title, and the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to content available from the MSH Platform or other Internet resources linked from it. Additionally, MSH assumes no legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, or process disclosed on the MSH Platform or freedom from computer viruses, and does not represent that use of such information, product, or process would not infringe on privately owned rights.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE MSH PLATFORM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU ASSUME ALL RISK. THE MSH PLATFORM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS AVAILABLE,” “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, MSH AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE MSH PLATFORM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MSH DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE MSH PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE MSH PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE MSH PLATFORM WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT MSH IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- The MSH Platform and the information contained herein is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Information on the MSH Platform is provided with the understanding that MSH is not rendering professional advice or recommendations. You should not rely on any information on these pages to replace consultations with qualified professionals to meet your individual needs.